Craz-tastic Adventures

Friday, January 09, 2015

The Purple Quilt!

I'm having a baby! And since it is hard for me to sit still and just wait, I decided to start a project.

A few years back I got wrapped up in a chain mail thing where people sent each other fat squares in the color purple. I kind of got hosed on the deal because only one friend sent me squares. So every time I was at Jo-Ann's and they had nice purple scrap on sale, I would buy it. It ended up that I had lots of nice purple fabrics waiting for a quilt design.





Ever since I've been on Pinterest I have kept my eyes out for interesting quilt patterns for when I was ready to make my purple quilt.

So despite my knowing the baby's gender, I decided it was time to make the quilt. So I found the quilt design I wanted to imitate(I didn't look for a pattern, I just figured I'd be able to mimic it on my own), and even though I had several really good contenders, I settled on this one from www.michellesweblog.typepad.com. I LOVE IT!










So here's the progress as my purple quilt went on... I had a quilter friend help me with the long-arm part (isn't it beautiful?!?!) and then I  took it home and bound it.








So here's the finished product!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home