Craz-tastic Adventures

Friday, April 03, 2015

The Dresser re-do

BEFORE
Probably 2 weeks into knowing I was pregnant I found a killer deal on a great little nursery set for baby on Craigslist. It was $300 for the crib (which becomes a toddler bed), the small dresser and a changing table. I got it home and it sat in the garage for awhile because Eric was sure we needed to redo the floors in that room before we set up camp for our new baby girl. So we waited...and waited. In the meantime I knew I was going to try to match my current 5 drawer dresser to the rest of the bedroom set because there is no way I can live without having that extra storage space (it holds my barn clothes, my workout clothes and my non-work stuff!)







Scratched to top of dresser
Side View
Now that that issue was settled, I emptied the contents, took it to the garage (and yes, by this time the garage was FILLED with projects) and I sanded it down real good (it had decades of scratches on it. It used to be my mother's when she was a kid).



After that, I stained it a real dark wood and had Eric paint he handles (we used spray paint, which I'm not supposed to use when pregnant). So after several coats of poly it was ready, and it matches quite nicely. (The runner is on there because I plan to put a fish tank on it and I don't want to ruin the wood that I just worked so hard on!)

Well, after that was done, we pulled the trigger on getting the new floors in the baby's room. So we bought the laminate floors (Eric can't stand carpet!) and we ripped it all out and installed it. It didn't take too long, and the floors were on mega-clearance at Menards so we felt good about that. It wasn't long (maybe 2 weeks total?) before we decided to rip out the carpet in our bedroom and do that room, too. It looks great!

Our temporary bedroom!
But, as you can imagine, we had to sleep somewhere while our work was in progress, so we moved our bed to the baby's room. Look how "cozy" this was! It was uncomfortable, but the cats LOVED it! (Typical, right?) Anyway, now we have both rooms finished and we're ready for a new beginning with baby!

Another pic of our Temporary bedroom, between the small dresser and the crib
Anyway, now that floor is done in baby's room, and the quilt (which I posted about earlier) I've got the room virtually ready for baby (minus the glider/rocker/recliner chair). Here is a nice picture of the crib now that it's all ready, which shows the floors. I promise, the crib looks nicer than it does in this picture! But really, it won't be too cute until a wee little baby is in there!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home